Frequently Asked Questions

Can I work as a security officer with this course?

Can I work as a security officer with this course?

No,To work in the Victorian Security industry this


course is the entry level requirement for licensing

in Victoria to do Crowd Control and or Unarmed

Guard. In addition you will be required to complete

a fingerprinting hence, it is important you have and

continue to maintain a clear criminal record. Select Security Training Academy will assist you in applying for your fingerprinting, name check and Individual Private


Security Licence to the Licensing and Regulation

Division (LRD) - Victoria Police. Further information

about complying with licensing requirements in

Victoria can be obtained from LRD on 1300 651 645


Does SSTA find me work after I complete my Course?

Select Security Training Academy has a relationship with many security companies and can help assist in finding work for our graduates. Once you have applied for an received your Security Licence come back to one of our campuses and we will point you in the right direction towards gaining employment.

How do I enrol?

Go to the front page of the website and use​ the 'ENROL NOW' button to move through the enrolment process. Alternatively come into the office and our lovely staff will be able to assist you in person.

How long will it take to get my certificate ?

Certificates and Statements of Attainment are issued to students who are assessed as competent in the units successfully completed. The cost of the certificates is included in the course fees. The RTO is responsible for issuance of AQF certification documentation within 30 calendar days of course completion. However, we are mindful of how quickly you need it for work so we prioritise the turnaround time being as short as possible.